Saturday, January 19, 2008

Christain Mullah?

"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution, "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."

I worry when I hear anyone in any context prattle on about changing the constitution. Changing it to force one’s own religious believes upon the rest of us. The words quoted above is from a quote of wannabe president Mike Huckabee.

I could go on about this statement until my carpal tunnel turns my fingers numb. But I will simply say that it saddens me. This is a statement I would expect from a third world Mullah, but a Pastor? But then again Huckabee turned away from the pulpit calling from god to grander ego feeding political aspirations.

We never used to be so frightened, that we would give a person like Huckabee, who would destroy all we hold dear because we don’t pray like he does the time of day and a single vote.

No comments: